Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hopeful Thoughts From A Sad Heart

"My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me
I let Him choose the colors
He worketh steadily.
Ofttimes He worketh sorrow
And I, within my heart,
Forget He sees the pattern
While I see only part.
The dark threads were as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He had planned.
Not till the loom is silent
And the shutters cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why."


I am having a rough month... memories of unfulfilled plans are constantly on my mind. I just gotta keep fighting through it and hopefully some gold and silver will start coming back into my pattern of life.

ps. Be Not Afraid by Greg Olsen is probably my all time favorite picture.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love the poem. Love the picture. Love you. I am so excited to see the person that comes out of all this hard stuff you're going through. She is going to be unbelievably more beautiful than who you are now. Keep the faith babe. See you soon!