Monday, March 1, 2010

You Guys Want Some Cookies???

So I was feeling super productive today despite getting only 3 hours of sleep last night. I woke up and made it to class at 8, went to all 3 classes and took two tests. Even more amazing was I managed to do this all before 1 pm. On my way home from campus I was thinking that I was going to take a nice long nap, work out and then go to this dinner thing tonight. When I got home I ended up not feeling tired and decided to continue my day of productivity. So I decided to make cookies. I used a recipe that I got from my cooking class that is really yummy.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Munchies (makes 32)

1 1/2 C. flour 1/4 C. peanut butter
1/2 C. cocoa powder 1 egg
1/2 tsp. baking soda 1 Tbsp milk
1/2 C. sugar 1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. packed brown sugar 3/4 C. powdered sugar
1/2 C. butter, softened 1/2 C. peanut butter
2 Tbsp. sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In small bowl stir together flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 C. sugar, brown sugar, butter, and
1/4 C. peanut butter. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.
4. Beat in as much flour as you can with an electric mixer. Stir in remaining
flour mixture.
5. Shape dough into thirty-two 1 ¼” balls. Set aside.
6. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and 1/2 C. peanut butter. Beat until smooth. (If necessary, knead with your hands.) Shape into 32 balls.
7. To form the cookies, flatten one chocolate ball. Place a peanut butter ball on top.
Shape the chocolate dough around the peanut butter center, completely covering the filling. Re-shape into a ball. Repeat with the remaining dough.
8. Place 2 inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet. Place 2 Tbsp. Sugar in bowl. Dip top of cookie in sugar and lightly flatten each cookie, Bake 8 minutes, or until cookies are set, and slight cracks form on top. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
9. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a rack.


They seriously delicious. They remind me of peanut butter cups but better tasting and less greasy.

Me the Chef ;-)

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Yum, bring some with you tonight. :)

AZ Mikesells said...

I want a cookie. Drive down and bring me some!