Monday, October 4, 2010

Crazy Weekend

So my weekend was absolutely jam packed full of fun!

It started with a text at work from my friend Bryce. He had two extra tickets for the BYU USU game up in Logan. So I sped home from work, convinced my roommate Kristen to join me and then we sped up to Logan with Bryce. Out of the six people there I was the only BYU fan. I tried to hold my own and did pretty well at first. Around the third quarter I just gave up. Luckily I was still in good company and enjoyed the rest of the terrible game talking (BYU lost to USU for the first time in like 15 years...). Oh I also got to kiss Cosmo. :-)

After the game we met up with some more people from Cache Valley and ate some food. Then we were driving around and had one of the local guys go in front so we could follow him. He did it pretty crazily to be funny but I guess someone called the cops on him. Less than 2 minutes later he had 2 cops surrounding him at the gas station. A total of five cops stopped by. Luckily we convinced them it was all just fun and they let us go.

We then went up to Providence Canyon. The boys showed us that you can cover a small propane tank in gas, light it on fire, shoot it and cause a HUGE fire ball. So we shot a few of those and then headed back down on the LONG drive to Provo. (I got home at 4 am)


This video is similar to what we were doing... except we were much further away and in a safe gravel pit.


I proceeded to wake up at 6 am and drove down to Payson. I went on a nice and long trail ride with Mary and her family. It was really nice to get up into the mountains before it gets really cold. I spent most of the ride trying to face the sun so I could feel the warmth on my face.

After horseback riding I raced back home to change and head up to Salt Lake with my roommates and some boys. We went to the Miller Sports Park for a bunch of Viper Races. It was pretty cool to see all the sweet cars and watch them race. I kept hoping there would be a crash... Its not car racing without a crash.

My roommate Kristen and I, with Laura in the background.

My friend Jace came and made this video of the day

After the races we headed to the Cheesecake factory for Laura's birthday dinner. Well the girls did... The boys went to Priesthood session. :-) That place is delicious and there are soo many different choices. Seriously the menu for that place is a book. It was also super fun getting to have girl time with the roommates. We almost always have boys over.

My awesome chocolate cheesecake... took me three days to finish this sucker

I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to get to actually attend General Conference up in Salt Lake this year. Luckily my roommate Kristen had an extra ticket for the Sunday Afternoon Session. So we drove up to SLC and met up with her friends from New Mexico. They had tickets for the Plaza part of the Conference Center and they had extra for us! We were so close! I could see facial expressions... it was awesome.

This was also the first year that I took a notebook to write my impressions during the talks. Such a good idea, I got soo much more out of each talk and can remember so much more. Some of my favorite notes are: "a foundation of truth and righteousness is the only foundation that will stand the test of time" (L. Tom Perry) and "A bad conscious is a blessing because it reminds us that we need to repent" (Per G. Malm).

This is when the Prophet was entering... (three guys on far right)

This is a terrible picture of me... but it documents how close I was :-)


*** We took tons of pictures this weekend. I will try to get them and post them.