Monday, September 20, 2010

Life in a Nutshell

Life as a college graduate is a lot better than I was expecting... I'm not quite as rich as I was expecting but money isn't everything.

I'll be honest, I was a little sad the day BYU started because I wasn't sure how I would replace the social life that I had there. But luckily I have found lots of things to do in my spare time.

The first thing that is keeping me very busy is my job. I have a bittersweet feeling toasted it. I love the people I work with but it is very stressful. I have also discovered that I have a weak stomach for phlegm... Haha.


One of my clients on his birthday. He likes toilet papering.

I also am loving living in Orem! It was probably one of the best decisions that I made after graduating. I love my roommates, I got really lucky and they are all super cool. Plus I love having my own huge room. I haven't had time to unpack it fully though, too many better things to do... :-)

Its huge! Two whole closets, queen bed, nice windowsill :-)

I spend lots of time down in Payson with my friend Mary, her family and her horses. She is nice enough to let me come down whenever I want and get my fix of horses. I also get my fill of girly chats as well.

Riding on Briseis

I've been attending quite a few college football games as well... And not just BYU games. Actually I've attended more Utah football games than BYU games this year. It's slightly embarrassing.

With Marah at the first BYU game

With Josh at a Utah game... he had to sneak the pic because I don't enjoy being seen in red...

Surprisingly I have also been going on lots of dates. It's like a whole new world for me! I have met lots of interesting guys... :-) I have also got to go to lots of cool places: the Utah State Fair, a Sushi Bar, Ultimate Frisbee on the Utah football field... Dating has made me discover that Salt Lake isn't completely the Devil's land, Haha.

I've also got to hang out with my extended family a lot more. Having a car and money for gas lets me travel up to Roy and Logan way more than when I was in school.


Eating shaved ice with Marah and Leighton

Grandpa Bud's Birthday

Oh and one last thing that has made my life so much better is.....
I GOT THE IPHONE 4!!! It is technically my Christmas present from my parents but they bought it for me early since I was so sick of my ghetto phone that I bought after my first IPhone got stolen. I love my phone :-)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Amen to the weak stomach for phlegm. Vomit, poop, blood--I can handle. But phlegm? Gag...

Don't let Grandpa Scott see that picture. You'll never be invited to Logan again.

I think you should pull a Marah and date a boy from the East Coast so you can come visit me. ;)

AZ Mikesells said...

you can date an East coast boy, but no more marrying them. Grandbabies are TOO far away!