Thursday, March 11, 2010

My New Lover

My bank account had been overflowing (well overflowing for a college student) for the past 8 months. I had been saving for a large event that was supposed to take place in my life... coughweddingcough cough. Due to the recent change in my relationship status I found myself day dreaming about what to do with the money. I had many responsible ideas filling my head... iPod touch... new wardrobe... mail order groom...
However all my recent thinkings about graduation made me realize that I am going to be officially an adult and have to get a real job. No more of these BYU jobs where you can walk to work. Also no more boyfriend to take me to get groceries and what not. So being the responsible adult that I am I decided to buy myself a new lover!

I call him... Rudy! (name that movie!)

Flixster - Share Movies

Seriously though... I have habit of naming my animals after my favorite characters so upon purchasing my lover I decided that they looked very similar. So here he is my new lover...

Rudy!
Looks it's RUDY!!!

Ok so they don't look exactly alike but he does have big red tail lights that look like Rudy's red eyes and he is white. So he shall keep the namesake Rudy.

Honestly I was planning on getting a car this fast. I was just gonna start looking at options and wait for a really good deal to come along. I narrowed my search down to either the Honda Civic, Toyota Yaris, or Toyota Corolla. I told my Grandpa Bud what I was looking for and then he told his friend who owns a car dealership.

3 weeks later...

Bam! He finds basically the perfect car for me. It was under my budget by about a grand, had low miles, good interior and was a Corolla. The only thing I would have prefered would be a manual transmission. But I love it!

Photobucket
Yay for owning a car. Look you can see the red "eyes" :-)

My grandpa went to the dealership and looked at the car and put money down to save it for me to look at. I pretty much knew I was going to buy the car before I went down to Ogden to test drive it. My grandpa has a knack for finding great cars that last forever, so I trusted him. Pretty much everything was done before I got there: loan, mechanical look over, insurance... All I had to do was drive down there and pay my down payment. Marah came down with me so that I would have to drive back by myself.

marah and car
Marah and I

We spent the night up in Roy with the Grandparents. We went out to eat at Village Inn (the grandparents have tons of gift cards so we told them the they needed to use some) and I got to drive everyone there in Rudy. After the food, Uncle Mike and I took Marah to Gold's Gym. Apparently she liked it there because she just bought a pass yesterday, haha. Then we all watched a movie from Redbox and then went to bed. Marah and I left the next morning and I spent the day showing my friends my sexy new lover. ;-)

Thanks Grandpa Bud!!!!!!

Grandpa

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yay for new cars!

Kylie said...

Wow, where can I get a Grandpa like that? :)